Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Plea To My Readers

Please stop fighting with each other.

It seems that every post here lately turns into people calling each other names in the comments section. I really don't want DNR to be one of "those sites".

If you want to call me names, go ahead. Turnabout is fair play. But if we can end the flame wars between commenters, I would greatly appreciate it.

This site is intended to be fun. Like me or hate me, I'm just trying to provide entertainment for myself and others. Simple as that. No need to turn it into a name calling contest between each other. For those just trying to defend me or explain things to those they feel dont "get it" here, that great of you, but not necessary. Some people just like to start fights on the internet for no reason. And some of it is just people giving their opinion and it comes off as confrontational.

I appreciate anyone that takes the time to read my stuff and leave a comment. But if the nasty b.s. continues, I'm going to ether start deleting the comments as they happen or turn them off completely. My house, my rules.

Again, a million thank you's to anyone reading this site. But act like adults. I'm the childish one here and I prefer to keep it that way.

8 comments:

Jfj8ww said...

Apologies if that was me.  I rarely comment on websites, but sometimes they can get me a bit fired up-- probably too much.  I love the hilariously insightful stuff you write and share your enthusiasm for the Tigers.

Jay Hathaway said...

"If you want to call me names, go ahead."

Don Kelly lover.

/duckandcover

Trout Jefferson said...

I bet he sleeps in an Inge jersey.

SRogo said...

Call me a piece of shit. Call my mother a whore. But don't you ever...EVER CALL ME...

Quietadah said...

I actually get to the point where I don't even read comments on most websites because I hate flame wars.  Mostly, this is just because I hate confrontation and it makes me uncomfortable, though.  :-)

Russell White said...

I've never got in a bitching contest here, but if Craig Paquette ever shows up I make no promises.

Derek Schwanger said...

Sorry I called that guy an asshole.....
/goes up to his room in shame

mark said...

I have never taunted anyone on this site other than you, Rogo. And that is only because we seem to be brothers from different mothers as I too am a Detroit Tiger /Notre Dame Fighting Irish freak that is neither from Michigan or Indiana. Anyone who actually takes the time to visit this half-assed site & will actually take the time to leave a comment is ok with me, since they,  like me, must be gluttons for the same sophmoric, profanity laced excuse for humor that you provide. But I agree. The 17 of us that actually read this shit  4 times a week should all try to get along.