Sunday, November 20, 2011

Think You're Smarter Than Me, Jerk?

Well, you probably are. I am what the Ancient Greek philospher Fred Sanfordfoles referred to as a "big dummy".

But I found this quiz over at sporcle.com where you are challenged to name the players that made up the Opening Day starting lineups for the Tigers from 1991-2010 within 15 minutes. It's quite fun if you're a Tiger nerd such as myself. So click that link, give it a try, and see how you do. No cheating, jerks! Then come back and compare to how Your Party Host did after the jump.

Did you take the test yet? No cheating, just do it! We'll wait all day on you if we have to.

...

Sigh.

I got 179/200. Not bad, but I'm still pissed at a couple of them I missed. I'm sure that'll happen to everyone (other than TigerDog who I expect to get 100% within 3 minutes). Here's a list of the guys I whiffed on.

Junior Felix, Rudy Pemberton (who?), Juan Samuel, Mark Lewis, Joe Randa (that was dumb), Joe Oliver, Juan Encarnacion (facepalm), Luis Polonia, Billy McMillon, Craig Paquette, Mike Rivera, Jose Macias, Eric Munson (HOW COULD I FORGET?), Mike Maroth (sorry, Mike...brain fart), Alex Sanchez, Fernando Vina, and Rondell White (ugh!).

I admit, I only got Eddie Williams because I was just typing in random last names at the end.

How did you do? The first person to beat my score gets...well, nothing. I'm poor.

You know-it-all prick.

10 comments:

Taylor said...

I typed Milt like 5 times. Couldn't remember his last name. It never worked. Stupid thing. I also forgot about Tony Phillips. Stupid me. I got 141 which isn't bad for me. 

I also missed Granderson. I guess I truly have moved on. Sigh.

H2OPoloPunk said...

Poor Eric Munson... his life must've been ruined by the movie Kingpin.

Fitz said...

the dumbest ones i missed were ausmus, white, hunter and encarcion.  ended up with 153

JimWalewander said...

140.  I FORGOT TRAVIS FRYMAN.

momotigers said...

Wow...we were really bad for a while.  I think I got about 4 starters on a couple of the teams.  125/200 is a shame.  I hate myself a little bit right now.  I was impressed that I got guys like Milt Cuyler and Deivi Cruz.  Not so impressive was missing Juan Encarnancion, Carlos Pena, and Carlos freaking Guillen.  Fun link, though.  Thanks Rogo.  

Tracy Babb said...

I've done this before.  I'm able to get most of the recent guys, but I wasn't born until 1990 so the percentage just gets worse and worse as I go into the earlier years.  I like that quiz though.

011235813 said...

160 ... You get hung up trying to dust off old memories and start forgetting guys who played only a couple years ago.

I swear to God I forgot a couple of them on purpose ... sort of like PTSD sufferers block out certain memories.

SRogo said...

Yeah, it took me til the end to remember Damon for some reason.

Kevin C said...

Considering that I'm a youngster I did Ok, how could I forget about Junior Felix, Danny Gladden and Lloyd Moseby, GAWL

Herr Schwartz said...

Outside of Guillen, I successfully blocked out the entire revolving door at second base after Polanco left town.