Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our Hero Returns!


Armando Galarraga has been sent on the short bus back to Toledo for 10 days or so. His replacement in the starting rotation is Nate Robertson.

...

Yes. That Nate Robertson.

My reaction? Phew! Just when I was running out of stuff to make fun of. Now I can save all my material on Brandon Inge's ridiculous tattoos for a rainy day! Hooray!

Nate will start Saturday. Hopefully, Zach Miner starts warming up shortly afterwards. We'll probably need him.

Nate is 1-0 with a 7.71 ERA in 21 relief appearances for the Tigers this year. He has thrown 21 innings, giving up 25 hits, 17 walks, and stuck out 17.

In Toledo, he was 1-1 with an impressive 1.89 ERA in 19 innings. His 1.21 WHIP and 21 strikeouts against only 4 walks are also signs of improvement.

No one's rooting for you more than I am, big guy. Make me proud.

Or retire. Either way.

2 comments:

Blake said...

Retiring would be awesome. Maybe he could let the Tigers off the hook for a few million dollars.

DEO said...

Nate didn't completely suck; I believe he was replaced with a mediocre robot.